Capital Campaign Phase II
CONSTRUCTION IN PROGRESS: PARDON OUR DUST
Updates on progress and impact will be posted here routinely.
Our goal is to keep users abreast of impacts to services and access to areas. We will also be utilizing our Mobile Phone App and emails to communicate this information.
We ask that all able-bodied persons park in the overflow parking log off of Hudson St. behind the church. In this way, our members and guests with mild disabilities, our elderly and families with very young children will have the closest building access. Thank you, in advance, for your cooperation.
ALERT/CONSTRUCTION IMPACT: The back parking lot entrance will be blocked Friday, May 19 from 11a - 2p, due to cement trucks pouring concrete. Members and guests are encouraged to use the overflow parking lot off of Hudson (behind the church) during this time. Access to handicap parking spaces may be impacted. Those who require close access are encouraged to be dropped off at the front of the building in the turn-around.
- Kids Zone area is taking shape as the foundation is being dug up and prepared for the pouring of cement footings.
- Walls have emerged.
- The elevator shaft walls are being poured this week.
- Foundation walls are also starting to emerge as the exterior walls are being built.
- The steel is being manufactured (off site, of course.)
Transitioning to the covered tunnel.
We will be begin to see evidence in the back parking lot which will initially be used as a staging area.
Areas of impact:
- Canopy over rear south entrance will be removed.
- Parking lot lines will be redrawn.
- Handicapped parking will be moved one row south.
- The walk way to the back entrance to the main building will redirected.
- Fencing will be installed to contain the work site.
- Programming and services will not be impacted at this time.
Phase II - Maple Southside Expansion
- Consolidated, single-point, barrier-free entrance leading to one membership service desk New elevator serving all three floors
- New Kids Zone (child watch) designed for children 3 months "6 years, doubling the current capacity to 40
- New multi-purpose room with capacity to hold 150 people to accommodate low-impact exercise programs, education classroom space, and be divided for meeting room space.
RENOVATION OF EXISTING SPACE
- Restrooms and lobby by the cardio exercise and tennis area
- Expanded Healthy Youth & Teen Center
- Refurbished parking lot, with traffic-control islands
New Healthy Youth and Teen Center
Renovate 3,000 sq. ft of program space into a multi-use space serving youth, teens and families
- Increase dedicated youth space form 800 sq. ft. to 3,000 sq. ft.
- Interactive activity area that integrates technology with exercise and active play
- Activity rooms or meeting spaces for classes and programs
- Quiet zone for reading, homework time, or conversation
Images are conceptual, only.