The Y's School-Age Child Care Program is open to children in grades K-5.
Registration for Fall 2016 will open on July 11, 2016.
PRIME TIME is a before and after school program, held at five elementary buildings throughout Kalamazoo. We engage our kids in physical activities, academic support, lessons in healthy nutrition, and character building exercises that encourage exploration of who they are and what they can achieve. All of our programs are inclusive and offer a combination of free-choice and structured age-appropriate activities.
Our program includes the SPARK and CATCH curriculums, which is aimed at engaging children in intentional physical activity as well as nutrition education. We also offer academic support, healthy afternoon snacks, arts and crafts, music, and more! We promote the Y s four core values; caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility; and incorporate the CHAMPS program at all of our sites.
CHAMPS stands for:
- A-always respectful
- M-making responsible choices
- P-positive attitude
- S-safety first
Our programs are run by enthusiastic staff members, many of whom are certified elementary educators. All of our programs are also licensed by the State of Michigan.
Before and After School Locations
We provide before and after school programming at the following Kalamazoo Public Schools elementary schools.
- King-Westwood Elementary
- Milwood Elementary School
- Parkwood-Upjohn Elementary
- Prairie Ridge Elementary
- Winchell Elementary
Care is available Monday through Friday.
Before school - 6:30am to 8:45am
After school - 3:45pm to 6:00pm
Other Schools Served
Students from several other KPS elementary schools can be picked up and dropped off at our main locations through KPS transportation.
- Greenwood Elementary to and from Milwood Elementary School
- Washington Writers Academy to and from Milwood Elementary School
- Arcadia Elementary to and from King-Westwood Elementary
- Indian Prairie Elementary to and from King-Westwood Elementary
- Northglade Elementary to King-Westwood Elementary
- Woodward Elementary to Winchell Elementary
- Woods Lake Elementary to and from Winchell Elementary
- El Sol Elementary (PM Only) to Milwood Elementary School
Prime Time is not a drop-in program. All participants must be registered through the Child Care office prior to attending the program. All of our programs are licensed so there is limit on how many children can be enrolled at each site.
To register, please complete the registration packet and return it to the Child Care Office within the Maple branch.
For more information please contact the Child Care office at (269) 345-9622 x167 or via email for more information.