NEW INSTRUCTIONAL POOL OPENS Monday, September 17
Classes Start at 10:00am Pool Schedule Included
September 14, 2018
Source: Vicky Kettner
Job Title: Marketing and Communications Director
Phone: 2693459622 147
GREAT NEWS!GREAT NEWS! GREAT NEWS!
After 18 months of construction at the YMCA at Maple Street and almost a year since ground was broken for a new swimming pool, the new INSTRUCTIONAL POOL will open Monday, September 17 at 10:00am.
An historic moment for the Y, participants of the 10:00am class will be the first among the Y membership to use the pool.
The new pool features a swim and lap area used for instruction; a resistance walking area; a kiddie wading pool; and wheelchair access ramp.
Please be aware of the following related to the opening of the pool:
- The pool will open Monday, September 17 with the 10:00 am classes.
- There is no open swim at 10:00am.
- The kiddie wading pool will not open until Monday, September 24. This is because there is tile in that area that still has to completely cure.
- FYI " there is a LOT of open swim time scheduled.
- Members are encouraged to check the pool schedule regularly, as we will invariably be making adjustments and changes, though we are doing our best to keep them at a minimum.
- This pool will be referred to as THE INSTRUCTIONAL POOL and the existing pool is the LAP POOL.
- The Instructional Pool will be kept at 86 degrees (the Lap Pool will be dropped down to 82 degrees).
- The pool holds 80,000 gallons of water.
- All YMCA pool rules apply and are posted.
- More fun facts later!