August 24 through August 28
It's the summer's last hoorah for Kalamazoo County youth, HEALTHY KIDS WEEK 2020, a virtual camp for kids aged 2-18 to do fun activities that promote healthy lifestyles. We've put together a series of activities for kids to do independently or for the whole family to do together! "How-to" videos will be released each day during the virtual camp on Facebook and this webpage to help with each activity!
Registration is now FULL for the free camper bags, but you can still participate by downloading the camp booklet and/or following the video links. Along with the booklet, supplies used in the activities are:
- Sidewalk chalk
- Breathe Like A Bear book - Can be purchased on Amazon here - also available as an audiobook.
- Stressball (or other small, softball)
- Rubber duck (any small and lightweight floating toy will also work) and straw
- Beach ball and permanent marker
- Tennis ball
- White t-shirt and tie-dye supplies (available at local retailers and online)
- Index cards or thick paper, paper or plastic straws, scissors, and tape
SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIES Presented on Facebook:
- Monday, August 24 at 10a - Healthy Kids Challenge
- Monday, August 24 at 2p - Sidewalk Chalk Obstacle Course
- Tuesday, August 25 at 10a - Mindfulness: Breathe Like a Bear and accompanying video w/Nancy Mitchell
- Tuesday, August 25 at 2p - So Many Ways to Use a Stressball!
- Wednesday, August 26 at 10a - Breathwork: Rubber Ducky Race
- Wednesday, August 26 at 2p - Crazy Ball
- Thursday, August 27 at 10a - Basic Tennis Skills & Drills at Home
- Thursday, August 27 at 2p - Neighborhood Walk Scavenger Hunt
- Friday, August 28 at10a - Time to Tie Dye!
- Friday, August 29 at 2p - STEM: The Incredible Hoop Glider
Click the links above to connect to our videos once available!
THANK YOU to our sponsors, 1st Source Bank and United Way, for making this event free to our community!