Member Access to LIVE, Remote, Virtual Classes
READY. SET. SWEAT!
Same you. New view. Stay healthy, connected, and keep moving along with your favorite Y fitness instructors! YMCA of Greater Kalamazoo members can now virtually check-in to the Y and access our YMCA remote, live class classes. It’s easy! Here’s how:
- Locate your YMCA key fob you typically use to scan in when at Maple or Portage
- Identify the member barcode number located on the back of the key fob under the barcode. **Third-party, insurance subsidized memberships often have their own member numbers. Please call the Y and we will give you your Y member info.
- Click the VIRTUAL CHECK-IN up at the top of the page. This will bring you to a new webpage displaying the week's virtual class schedule that includes all the links to the classes. *(Third-party
- Choose the class you wish to take by clicking on the link in bolded black "click here".
THE Y HAS TWO DIFFERENT VIRTUAL PLATFORMS
- ZOOM: A passcode will be provided to you to access these classes. Please do not share these links or passcode with others.
- FaceBook: You will need to request access to the Y's private group page, which is called YMCA of Greater Kalamazoo: Health and Wellness Group Exercise. To request access, click here. Please allow up to 48 hours to be admitted.
WHY WE'RE REQUIRING VIRTUAL CHECK-IN
It will be tempting to access the classes in Facebook and Zoom directly without going through the check-in process. Please don't. For the purposes of tracking participation for management purposes and so that the Y will be properly compensated by third-party insurance providers who subsidize your membership dues, it is imperative that everyone check-in at all times when accessing a class, whether it is a live ZOOM or a pre-recorded FB class. Please help us track your activity so that our programs stay financially whole as possible.
Can’t find your key fob? No worries! Call us and say you can’t locate your key fob and our staff will be happy to help look up your member barcode number:
PLANNING TO VISIT THE Y IN PERSON?
Click here to learn more about what the Y is doing and what all members and participants will do to help ensure a safe experience for all.
As we continue to reopen our doors in conjunction with the phases of Michigan Department of Human and Social Services, please be assured that your safety – and the safety of all our members, program participants, staff and volunteers – is our number one priority. We’re following guidelines from health experts and local officials to ensure that our facilities meet the highest standards for hygiene and safety, and we have modified our policies and programs to facilitate safe physical/social distancing practices.
TOGETHER, WE’RE A BETTER US.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR MEMBERS WHOSE MEMBERSHIP IS THROUGH A THIRD-PARTY PAYEE
When we offered on-site classes and you scanned in at the Welcome Center, we were able to report your visit and your insurance company reimbursed the Y with a payment. This reimbursement allows us to pay our instructors, purchase equipment and offer resources to make a quality Y experience.
We need you to please use our virtual check-in process to help us track your success taking our virtual, remote classes so we can share the good news with your insurance company.
Please do not hesitate to ask us for help if you have any difficulty. We will help you navigate the technology and make sure that you are comfortable and proficient at using it. Thank you in advance for helping us to track your YMCA activity.