A new Early Learning pre-school center at 315 Frank St. is opening in late September to serve Northside Neighborhood in Kalamazoo. Scheduled to open doors to its inaugural class on September 25, 2023, the classroom is being planned for 30 students. Registration is now open.
Program Highlights Include:
- Licensed by the State of Michigan - ensures a safe and quality program
- Great Start to Quality Participant - commited to meeting and exceeding high-quality standards
- Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP) - provides tuition assistance to qualifying families as well as program support
- KC Ready 4s Partner - provides tuition assistance to qualifying families as well as program support
- Creative Curriculum - an approved curriculum for high-quality programs
- Swim Lessons - weekly lessons to improve students comfort and skills in the water
- Tennis Lessons - weekly lessons for our 4-year-old students
- Field Trips and Special Guests - centered around our curriculum
- YMCA Membership - families can spend time together while also focusing on overall wellness
The YMCA Early Learning Preschool in Northside is part of an affordable housing project that features the education site. Key project partners, include The City of Kalamazoo, LISC Kalamazoo, the YMCA of Greater Kalamazoo, and developer Jumari Bogan.
"The expansion of an Early Learning program in this underserved neighborhood will make a generational impact," said Bogan, a champion for affordable housing and mixed-use projects. Says YMCA of Greater Kalamazoo CEO Dave Morgan: "Expanding into Northside is part of our ongoing committment to providing child care to neighborhoods throughout our service area."
For more information about the developer of the 315 Frank Street project, click here.
For the MLive/Gazette story published 1/31/2023 click here.