Our programs promote youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Through our core values of Collaboration, Diversity, Health, and Integrity we aim to foster a sense of community amongst our members that grow beyond our walls. Click here for printable version of the tennis policies.
Tennis Program Policy
- Please remain on the balcony (at Portage) above the tennis courts or seated on the bleachers (at Maple) until your designated program time. The teaching professionals will call participants to the courts at the appropriate time. Only registered participants are permitted on the tennis court playing areas for the duration of their assigned program.
- Participants may have water on the courts for breaks. Please do not bring food onto the tennis courts.
- For your safety, we prefer for parents/guardians and children to watch tennis programs from the balcony area (at Portage) or bleacher area (at Maple).
- Please walk behind the curtain when entering court area to get to your designated court.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own racquet. If you do not own a racquet, the Y will provide a racquet for use for the duration of the program.
- For youth up to age 8, parents/guardians are required to be on site up to the program time starting with instructor presence, and at the ending time of the scheduled program. Parents/guardians are not required to be on site for the duration of the program. Instructors are not responsible for supervision before and after scheduled program time.
- Make-Up Policy: The YMCA tennis department permits make-ups during the session the program is missed. When missing a program, please notify your instructor to schedule a make-up date. The instructor will notify you of which days, times, and locations that are available for a make-up. Make-ups are not guaranteed. Refunds and system credits are not eligible for missed programs.
- Refund Policy: YMCA program refund policy: Cancellations due to medical reasons with a doctor's note will result in a refund of the unused portion of the remainder of the session. Cancellation prior to the start of the first program day will result in a full refund. Cancellation after the first program day and before the second will result in a 50% refund. Cancellations after the second program day will not be eligible for a refund. *See the Program Cancellation/Change form at the Member Services desk for more details.
Indoor/Outdoor Off-site Programming and Inclement Weather Policy
Parents/Guardians are encouraged to remain on site for YMCA off-site programming. Parents/Guardians are expected to pick up their child at the ending time of the scheduled program. Parents/Guardians are expected to notify the instructor in the event of picking up a child after scheduled ending time, not to exceed 15 minutes. If a parent/guardian has not contacted the instructor and 15 minutes or more has passed from the program ending, local authorities will be contacted.
We will notify participants in the event programming is moved indoors or cancelled due to inclement weather ahead of time. In the event inclement weather occurs while the program is in session, parents/guardians will be contacted to pick up their child. If a parent/guardian is unable to be contacted and 30 minutes has passed from the time of the program being cancelled, local authorities will be contacted.
We hope you enjoy your experience and continue to play this lifetime sport. If you have any questions, or need to reach out to the tennis professional on your program, please click here for our directory of tennis staff.
Tennis League Policies
- Please remain on the balcony (at Portage) or seated in the bleachers (at Maple) until your designated league time.
- Please walk behind the curtains when entering court playing areas.
- Subs - If you are unable to make it to your designated league due to a prior commitment, please contact the YMCA Adult Coordinator at least 24 hours in advance. Failure to notify the YMCA within 24 hours may result in dismissal from the current league session without refund.
- Level of Play - The YMCA Adult Coordinator may remove any player that is above or below the current level of play for the designated league. A different league (day and time) may be offered if open spots are available. A refund for the remainder of the session may be offered in the event a different league is not available for correct level of play.
- Proper etiquette of play based on the USTA guidelines of the "Friend of Court-The Code" is expected to be followed. The YMCA Adult Coordinator has the right to remove anyone from league play without refund for improper conduct.
- Refund Policy: Refunds are based on the YMCA Program Cancellation/Change policy. Cancellations due to medical reasons with an approved doctor evaluation will result in a refund of the unused portion of the remainder of the league session. *See the Program Cancellation/Change form at the Member Services desk for more details.
Tennis Private Lesson Policy
Lessons are scheduled based on individual tennis professionals available times and court space. To schedule a lesson, contact any of the tennis professionals via email.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellation of a private lesson must be made at least 8 hours prior to the scheduled lesson time, via e-mail or phone directly to the private lesson coach. Failure to notify the coach 8 or more hours prior to the lesson will result with the lesson being charged in full.