Winter Session for tennis programs will begin on Monday, January 18th and run for 5 weeks. Masks are required while playing tennis.
- Private Lessons and Private Group Lessons
- Member Only Court Rentals (Singles and Doubles)
- Season Court Rentals
- All Session based classes - Start January 18th - 5 week session
- Team Team Practices
- Drop In Drills
- Cardio Tennis
- Ball Machine Rental
New Online Court Sheets for viewing!
View our tennis court sheets online to find available courts for rental before calling us to reserve and pay. All court fees are due at the time rental. To rent a court, call us at 269-345-9622 up to 7 days in advance of when you would like to play.
Maple Tennis Court Sheets - Click here
Portage Tennis Court Sheets - Click here
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE VISITING THE Y TO USE THE TENNIS COURTS
- All participants will go through a health screening including temperature check prior to entering tennis courts.
- Participants must keep a 6 foot distance from all people.
- Hand Sanitizer is available for all to use.
- Hand Sanitizer will be required to be used before, during, and after each class, drill, lesson, league, or group.
- Bring your own water.
- Bring your own sunscreen.
- At this time, we cannot provide demo racquets or racquets for participants to use. Please bring your own equipment.
- Court rentals can be made up 7 days in advance for hours of operation indoors and outdoors. Everyone on court MUST be a YMCA Member.
- Must bring your own tennis balls for Member Court rentals. Balls are provided for all classes.
YMCA Non Staff/Volunteer Training and Coaching Policy
Only staff from the YMCA of Greater Kalamazoo are allowed to coach/teach/instruct/train in or on YMCA property. An individual may be seen as a coach or trainer if he/she is:
· Receiving payment for an exercise or coaching session;
· Designing a program or workout, providing exercise, demonstrating skill or technique, advising, spending time with another athlete due to ones more advanced level of expertise relative to the other athlete.
NOTE: Financial compensation is not a factor in determining if a person is in violation of our no teaching/coaching policy. Solicitation of members/guests for lessons or advice is strictly prohibited. Failure to comply with the Non Staff/Volunteer Training and Coaching Policy is in direct violation of YMCA policy and may result in suspension or termination of YMCA membership privileges and access to YMCA facilities.