NEW Orders: Effective Wednesday, November 18th - Tuesday, December 8th
Due to the recent orders, all tennis classes have been cancelled beginning Wednesday, November 18th - Tuesday, December 8th. Tennis classes are expected to resume on Wednesday, December 9th.
- Individual Private Lessons (1 individual/1 pro) - Masks Required
CURRENTLY SUSPENDED through December 8th:
- All session based classes
- Ball Machine Rental
- Private Group Lessons (Member and Non-Member)
- Member Court Rental (Singles and Doubles)
- Travel Team Practices
- Drop In Classes
New Online Court Sheets for viewing! (Currenlty unavailable until December 2nd)
View our tennis court sheets online to find avaiable courts for rental before calling us to reserve and pay. All court fees are due at the time rental. To rent a court, call us at 269-345-9622 up to 7 days in advance of when you would like to play.
Maple Tennis Court Sheets - Click here
Portage Tennis Court Sheets - Click here
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE VISITING THE Y TO USE THE TENNIS COURTS
- All participants will go through a health screening including temperature check prior to entering tennis courts.
- Participants must keep a 6 foot distance from all people.
- Hand Sanitizer is available for all to use.
- Hand Sanitizer will be required to be used before, during, and after each class, drill, lesson, league, or group.
- Bring your own water.
- Bring your own sunscreen.
- At this time, we cannot provide demo racquets or racquets for participants to use. Please bring your own equipment.
- Court rentals can be made up 7 days in advance for hours of operation indoors and outdoors. Everyone on court MUST be a YMCA Member.
- Must bring your own tennis balls for Member Court rentals. Balls are provided for all classes.
YMCA Non Staff/Volunteer Training and Coaching Policy
Only staff from the YMCA of Greater Kalamazoo are allowed to coach/teach/instruct/train in or on YMCA property. An individual may be seen as a coach or trainer if he/she is:
· Receiving payment for an exercise or coaching session;
· Designing a program or workout, providing exercise, demonstrating skill or technique, and/or advising another athlete.
NOTE: Financial compensation is not a factor in determining if a person is in violation of our no teaching/coaching policy. Solicitation of members/guests for lessons or advice is strictly prohibited. Failure to comply with the Non Staff/Volunteer Training and Coaching Policy is in direct violation of YMCA policy and may result in suspension or termination of YMCA membership privileges and access to YMCA facilities.