Updated Mask Policy: Beginning Monday, September 28th
Masks are encouraged, but not required:
- When tennis participants can consistently maintain 6 feet or greater distance from others, except for brief and fleeting moments.
- During active and scheduled play on the tennis courts.
- YMCA private lessons, tennis training programs, classes, drills, team practices, and leagues.
- For tennis court rentals used for practice, training, or in USTA, YMCA, or MHSAA competitive situations.
Masks are required:
- When not actively playing on court.
- For all spectators.
- For fitness classes held on the tennis courts (Cardio Tennis, any of our other Health and Wellness classes).
- Before and after scheduled time on tennis courts for class, lessons, drills, practices or rentals.
- YMCA Tennis Staff.
- All other areas within the facility except for showering and swimming.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE VISITING THE Y TO USE THE TENNIS COURTS
- All participants will go through a health screening including temperature check prior to entering tennis courts.
- Participants must keep a 6 foot distance from all people.
- Hand Sanitizer is available for all to use.
- Hand Sanitizer will be required to be used before, during, and after each class, drill, lesson, league, or group.
- Bring your own water.
- Bring your own sunscreen.
- All benches, scorecards, and net post trays have been removed.
- At this time, we cannot provide demo racquets or racquets for participants to use. Please bring your own equipment.
- Court rentals can be made up 7 days in advance for hours of operation indoors and outdoors. Everyone on court MUST be a YMCA Member.
- Must bring your own tennis balls for Member Court rentals. Balls are provided for all classes.
- All session based classes: Must pre-register for classes. Fall 2 Session will begin on Monday , October 26th. Registration will begin on Monday, October 5th.
- Private lessons and Private Group Lessons (Member and Non-Member)
- Member Court Rental (Indoors and Outdoors-through October) Must call in advance to reserve and pay.
- Travel Team Practices
- Drop In Classes
- Ball Machine Rental