THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE VISITING THE Y TO USE THE TENNIS COURTS:
- All participants will be go through a health screening including temperature check prior to entering courts.
- Participants must keep a 6 foot distance from all people or they will be required to wear a mask.
- Hand Sanitizer is available for all to use.
- Only YMCA Tennis Professionals are permitted to touch tennis balls for lessons and court equipment including ball hoppers, targets, and baskets. YMCA Tennis Professionals will do all ball pickups for lessons and classes.
- Participants may use their racquets to help gather tennis balls.
- Bring your own water.
- Bring your own sunscreen.
- All benches, scorecards, and net post trays have been removed.
- At this time, we cannot provide demo racquets or racquets for participants to use. Please bring your own equipment.
- Court rentals can be made up 7 days in advance for 1 hour increments on the hour for Mondays and Wednesdays 1-4pm, and Fridays 11-2pm. Everyone on court MUST be a YMCA Member.
- Outdoor Clay Court Rentals are only permitted at this time. No outside court rentals at Maple site and no indoor court rentals at Maple or Portage.
- Must bring your own tennis balls for Member Court rentals. Balls are provided for all classes.
- Singles is recommended for safe play or same family court play when reserving courts.
- All session based classes: Adult and Youth (Member and Non-Member) - Must pre-register for classes. Classes take place at Portage Outdoor Site ONLY through July 31st.
- Private Lessons and Private Group Lessons (Member and Non-Member)
- Member Only Portage Outdoor Clay Court Rentals (Mondays/Wednesdays 1-4pm, Fridays 11-2pm) Must call in advance to reserve and pay by calling YMCA at 269-345-9622.
- Travel Team Practices
- Drop In Classes
- Ball Machine Rental
- Adult Mixers