Aquatics Program Policies
Click here for printable version of the program policies.
- When you arrive, members please scan in when you are entering the building. Non-members please check in at the member services desk. All non-members entering the building over the age of 16 will need to bring a photo ID with them.
- Please bring swimsuits and towels for the students, if your child wants goggles, it’s always a good idea to bring your own.
- For any of the little ones still in diapers please be sure they have swim diapers to wear in the pool.
- All flotation and other swim aids will be provided by the Y.
- Please be sure that everyone getting into the pool takes a shower and rinses off prior to the program. A good rule of thumb is to rinse off any part of you that will be getting wet in the pool.
- We do have seating in the pool area where you are welcome to watch your child while they are in the program.
- For those registered in a level A or level B programs, an adult will need to be in the water with their child.
- Please do not make any promises to your child that we can’t keep. For example, do not tell them they won’t get their face wet.
- Parents with children under 9 years of age need to remain in the area for the duration of the lesson.
- Parents with children over 9 years of age may leave the area but need to be present by the end of the program.
YMCA program refund policy: Cancellations due to medical reasons with a doctor's note will result in a refund of the unused portion of the remainder of the session. Cancellation prior to the start of the first program day will result in a full refund. Cancellation after the first program day and before the second will result in a 50% refund. Cancellations after the second program day will not be eligible for a refund. *See the Program Cancellation/Change form at the Member Services desk for more details.
We look forward to the session and working with your child to improve their swimming skills.