The Y has put many new procedures and made many physical changes to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19. Following is a list of things we have done to help create a safer environment.
(10/6/2020) - The YMCA is aware of the Michigan Supreme Court's recent ruling, and we are not changing our current policy on masks or other COVID-19 measures at this time. We will continue to pay close attention to health experts and guidelines at the national, state, and local level to keep our members and staff safe and healthy.
Equipment including cardio machines, weights, and strength machines have been re-positioned to allow for more space between work stations.
In order to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, we have increased our staff and the number of hours dedicated to cleaning and sanitizing. Additional measures include:
- Procuring new sanitizing machines that help us to make regular sweeps throughout the day in each facility
- Putting a process in place that increases cleaning in areas including the bathrooms, showers, and other higher-risk areas
Facility upgrades to address COVID-19 impact include:
- Removal of carpeting in the men's and women's locker rooms replaced by non-slip, easy-to-clean flooring
- HVAC improvements for better airflow management
- Removal of the personal tote locker system