Exercise and Parkinson's Disease
We are dedicated to helping people with Parkinson's disease (PD) manage their symptoms and maintain a quality of life. It's one of the many reasons we offer OhioHealth Delay the Disease®, a fitness program designed to empower people with PD to take control of the disease with daily exercise.
OhioHealth Delay the Disease® is a life-changing wellness program. It is founded on evidence-based, structured exercise routines that are focused on strength training and correcting disease-specific physical challenges. They work toward retraining the mind and body.
The empowering results of our Delay the Disease fitness program can help with:
- Moving about with ease and confidence in a crowd
- Getting out of bed or rising from a chair independently
- Improved handwriting; dressing independently
- Diminishing worry that stiffness, slow steps, and other symptoms are obvious, regaining a sense of moving with normality
- OhioHealth Delay the Disease is a fitness program designed to empower people with Parkinson's Disease (PD) by targeting their symptoms and optimizing their physical function
- Tuesday & Thursday 12-1pm
- Tuesday & Thursday 1-2pm
- Tuesday & Thursday 2-3pm
12-week sessions. A physical assessment is required prior to your first class enrollment.
Instructor: Sheri Shon, DTD certified instructor
Cost: $90 Y members, $160 Community
For more information contact: